When: Thursday, October 9th, 2008, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Social Time starts at 6:00 AM!
What: SQL 2008 Full-Text Search, Filestream Storage, and Fuzzy Searching
Overview of Presentation:
* New Integrated Full-Text Search (iFTS) in SQL Server 2008 - full-text search is highly integrated with the SQL Server query engine in SQL Server 2008. This makes administration easier, improves performance significantly, and increases scalability.
* The new filestream data type attribute in SQL Server 2008 - takes advantage of Windows NTFS transactions and streaming to improve performance and provide greater manageability for binary large object (BLOB) data.
* SQL Server 2008 provides several new dynamic management views and functions, and new catalog views, to make full-text search processing fully transparent to developers.
* I'll also give a survey of alternative fuzzy-search techniques including Soundex, NYSIIS, n-grams, ternary search trees, and regular expressions.
* Also we'll talk about how to quickly and easily create a Google-style search interface for your SQL Server 2008 iFTS-enabled databases.
Michael Coles is a Microsoft MVP (SQL) with over 15 years' experience designing and administering SQL Server databases. A prolific writer on all aspects of SQL Server, particularly on the expert use of T-SQL, Michael has written dozens of published articles and several books including Pro SQL Server 2008 XML, Pro T-SQL 2008 Programmer's Guide, and Accelerated SQL Server 2008. Currently he is contributing chapters to a Microsoft MVP charity book project and working on a project to detail SQL Server 2008 encryption technology.
Where: Location: Markel Plaza
4600 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060 [map]
Register: Click here to register!
Thanks to our Sponsors